Langsung ke konten utama

Download using BitTorrent

A little speech from the writer


Very long time, I'd never write in this blog. Yeah.., just natural problem. Now, I am included in the last year student in my school. So, I must prepare the national final examination. Because of the preparation, I can't share my time to write again. But anyway, I can write again. I hope, you can enjoy it.



BitTorrent is a transfer files technology. It is a peer-to-peer file sharing protocol. It makes me remembered about the network topology. Today, generally people use the star topology. OK, today we will not talk about network topology, but about BitTorrent technology.
BitTorrent technology is included in the file transfer technology. Bram Cohen is the founding father of this technology. He had designed it in April 2001 (Based on Wikipedia).
My friend asked me, What I think about downloading by server and downloading by torrent. I answered him, that those have many advantages.
When you download a file by using torrent, you can share file that have downloaded to the other. So, you can do the good turn to the other. :) You also can reduce the server and network impact of distributing large file. You can also set your own download speed. For example, I live in Indonesia. And in my region, internet connection is still expensive. a month ago, the local server had been struck by lighting, that was making internet connection down.
How BitTorrent protocol works is shown on the picture.

Komentar